Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Staying Home (Day 86)

Day 86. Never thought I will be home for this long! This last a couple of days, I knew I had to write something to record my experience of staying home (after being laid off). This should be my dairy for activities for the day. Hopefully I will write down some lessons or failures that will be useful for me to reflect upon in the future.

Today I read Exodus 21-24. It is about the rules and regulations God gave to Israelis for them to follow. I am so thankful that God is a merciful God, and even considered giving people a day of rest - what a wonderful system ( I don't think other pagan societies had that kind of working schedules during that period of time).

Yesterday, I interviewed with DirecTV's internal audit department. I don't think I did a good job -- I was too wordy when I was giving my background and I was not able to sell my best qualities-- that kind brought me down. It felt like there was a spell casted on me that I could not speak my idea out right. That was very frustrating.

Sunday, Phil Johnson preached about using God's name inappropriately. I never thought the fourth Commandment had such a far reaching touch. It made me to exam my language.

I also need to repent my sin to God for yielding to the flesh and temptation. That was scary and frustrating too.

Dennis Geary said UCLA asked for reference from him yesterday. Pray to God that will go through -- I need a job and to provide for my family.

To Do: have a interview with Boeing today, Deloitte Webcast, Enrolled Agent exam preparation, walk on the beach, workout tonight, business card for Larry Nixon, business card for Steve Tao (think about a CPA practices - where would I get clients? what kind of clients would I get? how much to charge? what kind of services (what is my value proposation to my clients?). Needs to review Steve Tao's value system and character

No comments: