Friday, October 31, 2008

Day 89

When it rains, it pours. That is how I felt my Lord shows His blessings. I am grateful. But I am fearful that I will make wrong decisions. I know prayers and meditations help. But I know how to pray, not how to meditate.

Today, I got up early and went to Universal Studio to complete the skill assessment test offered by IndyMac. I am going to work for IndyMac as a contract consultant next Wed. Good pay. But I would not be able to go to China. Even when I was taking the test, another phone call came that offered me another position with Boeing. Woow. What a blessing. But what a difficult choice. I know the result of the choice, but I am not good at saying no to people. People pleaser!

Today my wife and I are having a fight -- not too sure what yet.

Last night I had a difficult phone call with mom and Ronnie. That dragged my spirit down.

I learned today the proper theological paradigm of one's approach to a holy God: redemption, morality and worship. Redemption results in morality, which in turn ensures a proper worship of God. It is the sequence followed by the Book of Exdous. Ch. 1-18 is redemption; Ch.19-24 is morality and Ch.25 - 40 is proper worship (except the golden calf). I really enjoyed reading the book of "Yesterday, Today and Forever - the Continuing Relevance of the Old Testament" by Larry R. Helyer.

No comments: