Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day 88

Another day. Since receiving the offer from UCLA, Cristen and I tried to figure out whether we need to make counter-offer, just like you do with other business. We were advised by John Dahl not to do so. But I needed to give UCLA a chance to say no or yes. Anyway, I sent an email to ask for possible pay increase. I got it last night. No was the loud and clear answer. Well, it is what it is. I took the offer and planned to start on Dec. 3. Meanwhile, I was thinking I could take a trip to China with Cristen. This was great!. NOT SO QUICK! Lord said. Today, He told us No.

Minutes after I sent the acceptance email, one of the recruiter I worked with called with a temporary assignment with a month long length. How can I refuse work God gave to me? It was a good pay, and it was what I needed - a work. I could not tell Cristen why I needed to go to China, except wanting a vacation. So I guess God is making another decision for us. It was a hard one. Tomorrow morning, I have to take "capability assessment test" at Universal City. Human is so stupid -- when we don't have, we are discontent. When we are finally given, we are confused with choice we have, become greed and not thanking the Lord for all that are provided. Our Lord is so merciful, gracious, and wonderful. What a Provider He is! Looking back last 88 days, I wonder how many times I fail HIM. I knew I did it, Cristen Knew, and everyone else does as well. What kind of Christian I am? Lord, please forgive this discontent, ungrateful sinner!

I had a good session with Keith. We did not get too far. I needed to be more prepared. Additionally, I have to figure out another way to continue the session while I start working.

I did not like Biblical Counseling class too much. I know it is my fault, but I cannot figure out a way to stimulate my interest of those classes. Lord help me.

No comments: