Monday, June 23, 2008

Thinking

Thinking is a hard thing that requires discipline. Many people may think they think throughout the day prior to the actions they undertake. But in most of the cases, when things come up, people don't really think it thoroughly, but rather react to them. And the decision is made quickly with not much of deep analysis. Most of the actions are caused by experience or rule of thumb or current situations. And such experiences are not necessarily correct. I am like that. For example, during most of the day, my mind is pretty much blank. I am just responding to the issues come up. Not much of thinking involved. There is a term for this type of behavior: Heuristic.

What kind of thinking? I think there are 2 kinds of thoughts: 1) worldly thinking that focus on self; and 2) Biblical thinking focus on Christ. The first one focuses on self that will never be wise, because the true wisdom is coming from the Lord, and such a true wisdom will always focus on the Lord. Wisdom is generated from reading and studying the Word of God. To gain a true wisdom, I need to study the Bible daily and memorize what I learned. How important that is!

Prayers: Lord, please give me the discipline to study your words daily and be able to apply them in my daily thoughts and actions. Help me to focus on you and gain wisdom as you grant it to me. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I pray.

No comments: