Monday, June 16, 2008

Purpose of Investing

Why invest? Why do I need to save money and make it to earn more money? Why don't I trust in God to provide for our future needs?

I know there are Biblical answers to those questions regarding investing. They can be all summarized as one answer: to glorify God -- to make Him larger and to make our life more dependent on Him. So what is the purpose of my investment? In order to answer that question, I need to research the Scriptures to find answers and I need to, base on the Biblical teaching, develop an Investment Policy Statement (IPS). This is going to be my mission for the week of June, 16, 2008.

An IPS contains Purposes and Mission statements, Return and Risk objectives for the financial and human assets, portfolio and investing constraints (including Investment Time Horizon, Tax situation, Liquidity requirements, Legal concerns and our unique situations), Asset allocation strategies (including trading strategies), and lastly performance monitoring methods and investment readjustment requirements.

All of those should be scripture based. Prayer for the week: Lord, please help me and Cristen to develop a strategy for a better usage of Your provisions, to have the wisdom to better serve You with the resources You put in our hands, to help us to have a higher view of You through this process. Thank You Lord for Your Greatness and Thank You Lord for Your forgiveness of our sins. May Your Will be done in our lives. In the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ's glorious and majestic name we pray. Amen.

No comments: