Monday, June 9, 2008

Opening

Finally, I started something! My purpose for this blog is to try to use my skills and tool sets for the glory of my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. I have been longing for an opportunity to share and record my thoughts and knowledge in this way, so that I can communicate with folks who are friends and family (whom I cannot talk with daily). This is also an opportunity for me to grow in my profession, because I believe when you are able to express an idea in writing, in your own words and defend it, you have learned it. In that, I hope you all will post comments to critique me.

I cannot help but incorporate my faith into my writing somehow and somewhere in the future. I am a Christian who believes the Bible is the Word of God, and Jesus, God's Only Begotten Son, is my Savior from sin and my life's master. There is no other way to Heaven, but through faith in Jesus Christ. I am a slave to my Lord and I have to obey Him through the knowledge of the His Word in the Bible.

The principles found in the Bible offer the best and true business advice to business people, both spiritually and practically, though it is not a business manual. Christian business people may not gain a short-term profit because they follow Biblical teaching, but in the long term (eternally), they will be rewarded for their obedience. Hopefully, I will be able to share some of my thoughts or what I learn in the future in this blog in this subject matter, as the Lord continues to supply the knowledge/wisdom to me.

Anyway, a Christian's purpose, in my view, ought to be serving his/her Master, glorifying his/her Master and worshipping his/her Master. Business is just a method to do that. I pray that this is so for all people who profess Jesus Christ is their Savior.

No comments: